《To Be By Your Side 》
Across the oceans , across the seas.
浩浩重洋,茫茫沧海
Over forests of blackened trees.
郁郁林木,如集云霾
Valleys so still we dare not breathe.
寂寂河谷,屏息以来
To be by your side.
翔而越兮,适彼地点
Over the shifting desert plains.
漠漠平芜,驰之何速
Across mountains all in flames.
山峦险峻,炎焰吞吐
Howling winds and driving rains.
疾风如号,骤雨如注
To be by your side.
翔而越兮,适彼所处
Every mile and every year.
度程以里,度时以年
For everyone a little tear.
度吾心兮,有泪凝眄
I can not explain this , dear.
此行何求,无以与言
Won ’t I even try.
偶欲告之,临启复缄
Into the night as the stars collide.
群星交迸,夜变成白
Across the border that divide.
岸界分峙,纵横阖开
Forest of stone standing petrified.
石林竦立,过客震骇
To be by your side.
翔而越兮,适彼地点
Every mile and every year.
度程以里,度时以年
For everyone a single tear.
度吾心兮,泪下悄然
I can not explain this , dear.
此行何求,无以与言
Won ’t I even try.
偶欲诉之,临启复惮
For I know one thing.
我所知者,此求弥艰
Love comes on a wing.
幸有双翼,往而可见
For tonight I will by your side.
惟待今夕,与彼并肩
But tomorrow I will fly.
天明何从,复飞靡远
From the deepest oceans to the highest peak
下穷海窟,上遏山颠
Through the frontiers of your sleep.
翔而越兮,掠彼梦霭
Into the valley where we dare not speak.
幽幽空谷,默默以来
To be by your side
翔而越兮,适彼地点
Across the endless wilderness
莽莽砥原,无垠无畴
where all the beasts bow down their heads.
鸟兽翔集,垂首掉途
Darling I will never rest
翔而越兮,无止无伫
till I am by your side.
非无止也,在彼所处
Every mile and every year
度程以里,度时以年
Time and Distance disappear